Zbar usage with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module

Hi,

does anyone know if we could use the Raspberry Pi Camera Module to scan in barcodes, perhaps with Zbar... and if not, what we could use instead? Would prefer to use the Camera module if possible.

Thanks! Marcus

Reply to
mtmoore1972

The camera module doesn't appear as a v4l device, so you can't use it directly with zbarcam -- but some standard unix pipework should let you extract still images from the camera and feed them to zbar. I haven't tried this so I don't know how responsive it would be.

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

There is a V4L2 driver here:

Luca Risolia