Wireless Keyboard for Pi ?

I have just seen a "Trust" Wireless Keyboard and Mouse in a sale at Tesco. It is remarkably cheap! at less than 7 Pounds.

Has anyone here got one of these? and if so does it work with a Pi Zero?

Thanks - Bryn

--

|)ryn [vans            mail to - BrynEvans@bryork.freeuk.com
Reply to
Bryn Evans

All the generic ones I have tried work on my Pis. Why wouldn't they? after all they emulate a standard keyboard and mouse.

The cheap ones on Ebay from China tend to have U.S. layout, you should be OK with one from Tesco, but I would check anyway.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham.

For a RPi Zero, you would need a micro-USB to USB (-A) adapter, though, because wireless keyboards use a USB plug to communicate with the computer (wirelessly). (Unless they're bluetooth, but the Zero doesn't have bluetooth so again you would need an adapter.)

Reply to
A. Dumas

Good point.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham.

In a mad moment - Graham. mumbled :

Thanks for all the replies.

I decided to go and get one today - Tesco - and for Black friday

till I go to Asda in a couple of weeks.

Bah! Humbug .

--

|)ryn [vans            mail to - BrynEvans@bryork.freeuk.com
Reply to
Bryn Evans

Sounds like Tesco hasn't quite grasped the whole Black Friday concept.

Which prompts me to ask, how long has Black Friday been a "thing" on the right side of the pond? I have been apparently laboring under the misapprehension that it was solely a post-Thanksgiving USA'n thing.

--
chrispam1@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.

Never underestimate a commercial success. They travel beyond religion or culture.

-- mrr

Reply to
Morten Reistad

They're even doing black thursday sales here in NZ, nowadays. Though IME there are sales all year around if one shops around. I don't think we save much if anyth money waiting till now. Maybe some effort in finding the best deal, that's all.

Jamie Kahn Genet

Only thing is it seems to be more of a con than anything else on this side of the pond with no significant savings to be made and in some cases things being advertised at prices higher than they were a week ago.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

First year I can remember it being other than a sort of in-marketing term

The Natural Philosopher

.

the

It's now Black Fortnight. This daftness only came to the UK 5 years ago;= I =

blame the Internet.

Thankfully we haven't (yet) been cajoled into celebrating Thanksgiving =

itself.

-- =

Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Reply to
Kerr Mudd-John

That will come when Trump appoints chief UK swivel-eyed loony, Farage, as his King of Englandlandshire.

I had a Blank Friday, I bought nothing.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Me neither. Not even a cheese sandwich.

Still at least with Sir Nigel of Englandshire, we might get Christnas back

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 15:08:50 +0000, mm0fmf declaimed the following:

Rather than a Blink Friday -- where if you blink, you missed it... (The dangers of sleeping late after too much turkey... I finally got around to printing the envelopes for my Christmas cards around 6PM, much to late to make it to the Post Office -- one of them needs an international stamp)

Dennis Lee Bieber

It is rooted in English tradition though. Thanksgiving, that is, not Black Friday (due to which my wife is at work today and tomorrow instead of relaxing at home).

--
Mike Fleming
Reply to

It's Harvest Festival, but specifically legislated without the religious links that tend to be associated with Harvest Festival in the UK.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel

23rd Sept-ish, it says.
--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

A lunar-related celebration: like so many Christian holy days, it supplanted a pagan festival.

Harvest festival is traditionally held on the Sunday near or on the Harvest Moon. This is the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox (22 or 23 September).

- Wikipedia

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Er yes. but that's much earlier than US Thanksgiving.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

And a a bit of research shows that there's little or no historical connection between the British Harvest Festival, a lunar-related religious celebration derived from a pagan equinoctial festival, and the American thanksgiving, which seems to have originated as a number of church services celebrating safe arrival of colonists on the American continent. These apparently developed into state-level celebrations before being proclaimed a national public holiday on the last Thursday in November by Lincoln and later moved to the 4th Thursday by Roosevelt.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK