Why does the Raspberry Pi exist? - Page 5

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

Nothing in my post suggests that I think otherwise.

I bet school PCs have been replaced a few times since schools first
acquired the, so turn the older ones over to hacking.

Elsewhere in the thread I suggest dual booting Win-something and Linux.

None of which requires the purchasing of a Raspberry Pi.  Btw, doesn't
the teaching of Powerpoint constitute child abuse?

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant
Look they could be teaching computing on a 30 years old BBC micro.

The PI is not needful, BUT something is, and the problem with it being a
Microsoft PC is that they will them thing that is ALL there is. Which is
why Microsoft give em away. And all they will be able to do is surf the
net, use word and excel, and think that's all a computer does.

The Pi is in many ways a solution looking for a problem. BUT whe the
fisrt 'pic' boards came out they were meant to be a way for designers to
have a handy platform for incorporating ATMEL chips into their custom
designs. Intstead the development boards sold like hotcakes because tehy
are cheap and hade enough pereipherals around them to be dead useful in
their own right. R9obnot wars probably runs on em.

Now I don't have an application for a Pi yet, but I could have. I mean
if i could find the right sized display I could use it as the basis for
an active car dashboard for example. I could envisage building a web
enabled intsrument based on one, that would do remote data collection