Why does the Raspberry Pi exist? - Page 11

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:16:48 +0100

It does comply.

That was the cause of one of the hold-ups when they started out. As soon as the
numbers got big enough to be classed as a commercial product the RFI
requirements kicked in.

However, it's an open board so the conditions may be less stringent (pure
guesswork on my part).

--
W J G

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

If I connect a lot of stuff, neither it nor anything else is likely to
allow me to listen to Radio 4 on long wave. (My fast NiMH charger
blocks it, as does a nearby CFL until that warms up).

--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com               Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                                   @ O n e t e l . c o m

CPC is next-day delivery (at least, my last two were) and if ordered online
there is no p&p.

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

I've got it: it exists at the request of that secretive four letter
acronym. The one whose existence was long denied, and about which
reporting may recently have been discouraged by the issuance of notices
whose existence is also denied.

The request would have been made when they realised that all the
rhetoric about geeks and hackers had persuaded most young people in the
UK to take courses in Media Studies instead of computing, and that in
the absence of young UK experts it was perhaps unwise to rely too much
on the loyalty of new employees who were foreign nationals.

The hope would be that the low cost of the RPi would encourage
geeks-in-the-making to tinker obsessively at home and become able to do
for HMG all the things that would get them jailed if they did it on
their own behalf.

If all this is denied, that would of course prove the speculation to be
true!

--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com               Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                                   @ O n e t e l . c o m
Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 13:32:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@Onetel.net.uk.invalid
(Windmill) declaimed the following:

    What, GCHQ? Or whomever is behind "the Village" <G>

    (Only 4-letter I could think of... NSA and NRO are both 3-letter)
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:30:43 -0400

If what Windmill claimed is true, then you are both now on a 'special' list.

Bugritt. Now I am too :(

--
W J G

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
Oh, goody! Can we all join in?

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

Surely we've all been joined in already, by virtue of our use of Usenet
to discuss technical matters.

--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com               Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                                   @ O n e t e l . c o m
Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
In a mad moment - Windmill mumbled :

If you want "Premier Membership" look up last weeks "Register",
the article requesting a whistle blower to contact them, and giving
their public key. Just send an encrypted message wishing them well.
Oh - and your public key of course.

--
|)    [
|)ryn [vans            mail to - snipped-for-privacy@bryork.freeuk.com

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 16:45:56 +0100

Hmmm. I wonder how good they are at tracking ISP changes. I've had a fair few,
starting out as CIXen. :P

--
W J G

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

I am Spartacus.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant
No, *I* am Spartacus....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

No, I'm afraid we know that you're not.

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
declaimed the following:

    I was probably on that list before the NSA publicly acknowledged the
existence of NRO.
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

Same for me - at one time long ago I was 'attached staff' at an atomic
energy research establishment.

Nowadays I wonder exactly what they may have got up to back then.

--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com               Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                                   @ O n e t e l . c o m
Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

Not UNIT?

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

The fourth letter in NSA is secret.

Re: Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?
declaimed the following:

    That gives us NASA -- which might explain the whole mess...
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Site Timeline