Where is /dev/root in Jessie?

When I enter df -h in Terminal, I see /dev/root is listed, but when I cd /dev and then ls, no root directory is shown. This was not the case when running Wheezy, hence the subject question.

Thanks for help/guidance.

Ray

Reply to
RRansil

/dev/root is not a directory, it is a symlink pointing to a device node.

As it is not required for anything, maybe it is no longer created. (it is just a convenience feature)

Reply to
Rob

In which case, the original poster should try ls -l /dev/root to see where it is pointing.

I'm running Debian unstable on an AMD64 PC, and there is no /dev/root. Ah, here's why

/dev/root should not be used anymore, since it is unreliable. It therefore was removed on purpose and won't be coming back.

isn't looking good, either.
I R A Darth Aggie

Or to be extra sure, "sudo ls -dal /dev/root"

Reply to
A. Dumas