Void Linux 64bit

Anyone out there trying/succeeding to run 64 bit Void Linux, musl or libc, on RaspberryPi 3B/3B+ ?

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

Nope. Reading between the lines, I think it is possible.

It is possible ( and to some extent advised ) to run the rpi2 images on you rpi3, as the rpi3's cpu supports both armv8 and armv7 instructions.

With the rpi2 image you obviously just get a 32bit armv7 system. That is totally fine in general and is what the popular raspbian does too. On the other hand, why did you buy a 64bit cpu in the first place? ;-)

Be aware that some packages are not available for armv7 (firefox) and others are not available for aarch64, so that might be a guide for your decision which one to pick.

I've never tried or heard of Void before, so I have no practical advise to give you other than "go for it". Unless you have and it didn't work. In which case: what happened?

isn't looking good, either.
I R A Darth Aggie

The RPi3 needs a kernel specifically built for it to boot, RPi2 ones wont work.

---druck

Reply to
druck

Void works on RPi3/3+ in both 32 and 64 bit versions. I just wondered if anyone else here was trying it out.

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to
Chris Elvidge