VLC - trying to set video options freezes or closes the program

Hello all,

While viewing a movie I wanted to increase the gamma, and opened the vodio
settings.   But when I tick the "image adjust" box the program either
freezes, on just closes.

I've alread tried to change the GL driver, but that only changed from freeze
to close.

What do I have to do to get those video options to work ?    Currently the
image is way to dark to enjoy the movie, and I really need to get the gamma
up a bit (same problem on my Windows machine).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: VLC - trying to set video options freezes or closes the program
declaimed the following:

    Same monitor for both? It may be matter of calibrating the monitor.

--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com

Re: VLC - trying to set video options freezes or closes the program
Dennis,

:-)  The problem is the freezing, not the display.

But the "too dark" display is my (smart) TV, which displays TV channels and
both the desktops just fine (was using a full PC to view movies, but changed
over to raspberian).   The movie is easier to watch on a(n also connected)
monitor, but even there it benefits from a bit higher gamma setting.

And I almost forgot: YouTube (leanback) also displays just fine (using the
chromium browser).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: VLC - trying to set video options freezes or closes the program - Anyone ?