VLC - trying to set video options freezes or closes the program

Hello all,

While viewing a movie I wanted to increase the gamma, and opened the vodio settings. But when I tick the "image adjust" box the program either freezes, on just closes.

I've alread tried to change the GL driver, but that only changed from freeze to close.

What do I have to do to get those video options to work ? Currently the image is way to dark to enjoy the movie, and I really need to get the gamma up a bit (same problem on my Windows machine).

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

On Sun, 12 May 2019 17:54:10 +0200, "R.Wieser" declaimed the following:

Same monitor for both? It may be matter of calibrating the monitor.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Dennis,

:-) The problem is the freezing, not the display.

But the "too dark" display is my (smart) TV, which displays TV channels and both the desktops just fine (was using a full PC to view movies, but changed over to raspberian). The movie is easier to watch on a(n also connected) monitor, but even there it benefits from a bit higher gamma setting.

And I almost forgot: YouTube (leanback) also displays just fine (using the chromium browser).

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

Reply to