vlc

Nothing, but te abilitry to display a moving picture has everythuing to do with an X server.,

I am wondering if ytou reeally are that ignoraqnt

But not moving pictures

I have no solution for Michael's problem,

Exactly.

No. Its designed to drive an X woindow graphical sytsyem. Not output direct to HDMI hardware

Are there any?

Why not use what works - an X server. Dint need a window manager either

The Natural Philosopher

Bullshit. Maybe vlc needs X, I don't know. X11 is not needed for video.

Are the typos supposed to be a joke? Console video has been in Linux for ages. Is there something special about a Pi system that breaks that?

Elijah

------ you know how X11 is just one possible GUI for Unix, right?

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

'Console video'?

What is that?

VLC clearly states that it talks to either OpenGL or X windows in a linux context.

It does not talk to an emulated VGA.

Your suggestion is about as brain dead as expectimg a windows video app to talk to a machine running DOS...

--
?Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of ?an airplane.?

Dennis Miller
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher