Velleman oscilloscope 'hat'

Has anyone any experience with the oscilloscope 'hat' for the RPi, made by Velleman (their VM205). It fits happily, and the software is working, but the instructions are a bit minimal.

In particular, there is a potentiometer on the board but no indication of its purpose. There is also a small connector beside the large set of pins for input/output, but no information about what it is for either.

Anyone know, please?

Philip.

--
Philip Draper

    Philip@borehamh.demon.co.uk
Reply to
Philip Draper

Quick google search brings up

Page 7 for connector pins

As to the Potentiometer it is probably for calibration so do not touch unless you have a means of calibrating the device.

    PC Services
  Raspberry Pi Add-ons
 Timing Diagram Font
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul

Thanks, Paul. Waning re pot noted.

One gets a printed version of the manual with the board, and the pin connections are given in that. But the connector I'm asking about is next door to the pins, on the edge of the board and roughly halfway along its length. It is a socket rather than pins, and appears to have

5 connections.

Philip.

--
Philip Draper

    Philip@borehamh.demon.co.uk
Reply to
Philip Draper

could it be an in-circuit programming connector for whichever micro controller is on the board?

--
In his book, Mr. DePree tells the story of how designer George Nelson
urged
   Secrets of Corporate Creativity", The Wall Street Journal, May 3, 1988
Reply to
alister