TwisterOS

I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well. Watch the video and see if you want to try it.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie
Reply to

AD> From: Another Dave

AD> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done a AD> video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set it AD> up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well. Watch AD> the video and see if you want to try it.

I watched that with interest and ordered another Pi 4. Think that means I have an addicition lol

Sean

--- AfterShock/Android 1.6.7 * Origin: a mobile point (2:263/1.2)

Reply to
Sean.Rima

I have that running here on an RPi 400, running the excellent PlanePlotter Windows software:

Cheers,
David
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Taylor

Another Dave kirjoitti 17.6.2021 klo 19.53:

Check "leepspvideo" and "Jeff Geerling" on Youtube. They have almost daily Raspberry videos

Thomas Wendell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
tumppiw

When do you think the Pi 5 will be out?

Tomorrow because you just bought a 4, or in many years because I'm holding off buying another pi until the 5 comes out.

Reply to
Pancho

Ha! YouTuber Jeff Geerling alluded to a possible Pi 4+ or 5 in his recent review video of the new PoE+ HAT (which he doesn't recommend). I don't think it was inside info though, just some speculation about a possible use case for that PoE+ board.

Reply to
A. Dumas

Shirley, apart from making it easier to power camera-equipped RPis in birdboxes badger setts, eagle nests, etc. their main use would be to simplify wiring in an RPI4-based Beowulf system.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

The original HAT is good for that. Watch the video.

Reply to
A. Dumas

And/or see

A. Dumas

AD> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's just done AD> a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of Raspios. I've just set AD> it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much trouble and it works well. AD> Watch the video and see if you want to try it. AD> AD> Another Dave AD> --

I like Twister... but its main feature is box86, so you can run x86 Linux apps on a Raspberry Pi.

I still think Rasberry Pi OS runs better on the Pi... and you can install a few apps to get some of the features of Twister. IMO, add Commander Pi, Pi Apps, Pi-KISS and any theming you want and most users would be better served.

I think a lot of Twister users DON'T use the box86 functions - not saying that you don't, and not saying that Twister is no good. Just mentioning that most of the oooooohh's and ahhhhhh's of Twister is just the add-ons they have installed.

I do like the Win10 theme, but... I just popped it into my Raspberry Pi OS setup. Anyway, just food for thought. Glad you like it - I do have a Twister OS SD Card. For running x86 games.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o |08.........

Reply to
paul lee

-=> Pancho wrote to snipped-for-privacy@p2.f.n263.z2.fidonet.org When do you think the Pi 5 will be out?

Pa> Tomorrow because you just bought a 4, or in many years because I'm Pa> holding off buying another pi until the 5 comes out.

That sounds right either way. I hope they hold off as I want to get a display for my Volumio box

Sean

... tcob1: telnet and http tcob1.duckdns.org

Reply to
Sean Rima

Hello Sean!

Thursday June 17 2021 17:09, you wrote to All:

AD>> From: Another Dave

AD>> I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's AD>> just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of AD>> Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much AD>> trouble and it works well. Watch the video and see if you want to AD>> try it.

I am still waiting for the release of the case and HDD mobo to connect to the Pi4B to be available as I am running similar for the 3B+.

Hopefully they will get back in to producing it - Covid19 allowed.

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent Coen

-=> Vincent Coen wrote to Sean Rima > I was watching the Explaining Computers youtube channel. He's AD>> just done a video on twisteros, a very fancy derivative of AD>> Raspios. I've just set it up on one of my Pi 4s without too much AD>> trouble and it works well. Watch the video and see if you want to AD>> try it.

VC> I am still waiting for the release of the case and HDD mobo to connect VC> to the Pi4B to be available as I am running similar for the 3B+.

VC> Hopefully they will get back in to producing it - Covid19 allowed.

I never got around to using that mobo, I tend to use slim factor PCs for stuff that handle extra HD