Trashcan error deleting folders/files on nfs share

I just started reading this group so please excuse me if this question has been asked/answered before.

I use a Mac mini as a NFS file server. the /etc/exports file has this line: /Users/myid -mapall=501 -alldirs -network 192.168.1.0 -mask=255.255.255.0

I manually mount the server on my raspberrypi(s): sudo mount.nfs mini.local:/Users/myid /mnt/mini -w -o nolock

Accessing files using pcmanfm: All rpi(s) can read files on the mini. rpi2 (wheezy) can delete folders/files. rpi3 (jessie) can delete folders/files. rpi3b+ (stretch) can delete folders/files. rpi4 (buster) can NOT delete folders/files.

The buster rpi generates a error: Unable to find or create trash directory for /mnt/mini/folder(s)_or_file(s)_to_be_deleted

What am I missing? wheezy/jessie/stretch pcmanfm have no problem. /mnt/mini permissions are the same for all rpi{s}. I am able to delete from the commandline using rm -r /mnt/mini/whatever

Help? --Steven

Reply to
steven-nelson