The time to install my RPis 1, 2, 3, & 4 ...

... will be when I have detailed info on the Videocore processor such that I can program it from power up.

Until then, they'll just be gathering dust.

Perhaps in 30 years' time they might be worth something :-)

Joking apart, has the detailed programming info of the Videocore been published somewhere of which I'm not aware?

It's just that having cut my teeth on PDP11***** assembler programming on the bare machine back in 1971, I'm very much NIH when it comes to others' programs.

***** Yes, I;m well aware that we are discussing a product whose complexity is many times the multiple of the PDP11 but believe me, it's well withing my subsequent experience, interest and capability.
Reply to
Areligious Republican

You should first try to learn the ARM main processor. There is some learning curve from the PDP.

To make yourself at home, try: .

--

-TV

I started with an IBM 1620, and had some PDP's, DG Novas and
VAXen under way ...
Reply to
Tauno Voipio