talk about retro!

The most recent issue of MagPi has quite a section on retro computing - emulation of old systems, etc. Got me thinking about my first intro to Unix back in the early 90's on DecStation 5000 with CDE interface. Earlier this week, I downloaded the source, compiled the CDE system (2 or

3 hours on a Pi3) and with the help of the associated guide and a couple of web searches, I have it running.

Talk about nostalgia!

Reply to
ray carter

There is the PiDP8 project if you want more retro, but why have an emulator when you can have the real thing, however using a Pi + 7" screen as a terminal for a PDP-8 is somewhat sledgehammer meets nut time...

-Gordon Ps. Current MagPi recalled due to electrical safety issues with one of the articles

Gordon Henderson

I love nostalgia, but I hated CDE so much. It felt so big and clunky.

Reply to
Joe Beanfish