ssh with -X does not work

Hi, I am new to the use of ssh. I used to have a stand-alone desktop OpenSuse PC. Now I bought a RPi. I set it up headless and tried to ssh to raspbian. That works fine as long I use the CLI mode.

When I want to have a look to the X-GUI of RPi ssh -X or ssh -Y doesn't work. What do I have to modify where, PC and/or RPi, to get it to work?

I am lucky if someone could give step-by-step instructions. Thanks JJenssen

Reply to
JJenssen

Tightvnc

Reply to
AlanG

In OpenSUSE there is a /etc/ssh/ssh_config file where you can configure if X11 forwarding is allowed.

Reply to
Rob

When you say "doesn't work", what actually happens?

--
Chris Green
·

Can't tell right know. Meanwhile I bootet a different OS and the RSA-keys are not valid anymore.... I'll come back on tomorrow. Thanks for replies. JJenssen

Reply to
JJenssen

Trying from RPi to openSuse-PC with ssh -Y user@192.168.x.x logs in and shows the according command line. When starting i.e. kwrite a message appears 'Can't connect to X-server'. Going from openSuse-PC does work entering i.e. gedit, hurray! Finally I recognized I have to start a programm that uses the X-server. I also installed tightVNC - works in either ways. Conclusion: I have obviously to change ssh settings of the openSuse-PC. Thanks for help everybody JJenssen

Am 27.05.2013 09:35, schrieb JJenssen:

Reply to
JJenssen