--

---
Re: Spoof user agent

Can XBMC be told to use a web proxy (e.g. running on another machine
within your network)?

Re: Spoof user agent

Yes.  Although the coverage of that setting (two, actually) is not
complete.

Re: Spoof user agent

It works though. I've successfully proxied XBMC (on a Zotac) through
squid on my laptop.
--
Where's the Vangelis music?
Pris' tongue is sticking out in in the wide shot after Batty has kissed her.

Thanks for any clarification.

    -- Pete --

Re: Spoof user agent

You must be new in the world of streaming media...
This has been going on ever since Linux was capable of multimedia.

The usual "reason" is that in Windows there are all kinds of safeguards
(at least in the minds of the media tycoons) against capturing the streamed
audio, while in Linux there is no such thing and you can easily capture
everything you listen to or view in a file.

The media companies don't like that.  The value their "rights", not your's.

Re: Spoof user agent
 Dzieki, Rob, za post o tresci:

  Yeah, yeah, but the question was: why Pi specifically?

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: snipped-for-privacy@chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Re: Spoof user agent

Not the Pi specifcially.   Anything they don't recognize as "designed
according to our requirements".  You'll have the same problem on any
Linux system, and on Android devices often after they have been rooted.

Site Timeline