What should the sources.list file be?

I have

deb-src

jessie main contrib non-free rpi

deb

jessie main contrib non-free rpi

Reply to
Simple Simon

That may depend on what you want to do with it.

Why do you think it should be any different than that?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I wish to keep my Pi fully up to date.

Because when I first set it up it had lines such as

jessie main contrib non-free rpi

apt-get was timing out so I changed it to the now I now have.

Reply to
Simple Simon

Up-to-date stable version or up-to-date testing version?

What you have now is fine, but you might get better results by choosing a mirror that is more local or less loaded than the main repository. Check those on

for one that's nearer (shorter traceroute and/or faster ping) and see how well it works for you.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Many thanks

Reply to