Sopcast (Olympics) on OMX?

Anyone had any luck watching the Olympics on RPi3/Raspbian/OMX?

I found this site with Sopcast and Ace streams

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/433241_olympic_games/

This tutorial

seems to be the way but I can't get it to work.

I don't get it past the 'start_omxplayer' loop.

Ideas?

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

Live streams are difficult, even on Youtube :-( General command for Youtube: "omxplayer $(youtube-dl -g

" but I don't think that will ever work well with live videos; they seem to change the underlying stream url frequently (every x minutes, I guess). So then it stalls and you have to restart. Maybe even worse: it doesn't seem to pick up the right, or maximum, resolution but a very low one instead. Maaaaaybe it could be solved by a 'youtube-dl' update, if someone figures out how to improve it.

Sorry, wish I knew!

Reply to
A. Dumas

Blocked by my ISP

I'm wondering if the "Court order" excuse is a bit disingenuous given Sky/NOWtv are likely to have been the applicants. It seems to be available via other ISPs.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham.

What about

?

If we were to understand what he means (the site is in Spanish) perhaps that would be a first step into getting it to work...

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

OK, a current Sopcast URL is:

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/262498

AceStream ditto:

acestream://746794f5215969b57e76048049ceaaa782be4b44

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

& completely pointless as anyone who is prepared top break the law by downloading illegal content already knows enough to use a proxy & bypass the restriction
--
The person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
Reply to

Let's focus on the technology issue, shall we :)

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

Here is what seems to be a straightforward idea. However it is for Ubuntu and specifying the [arch=armhf] in /etc/apt/sources.list only makes it find nothing.

But if there was that software compiled for us, perhaps it'd work, only it might still be too slow without OMX.

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Sun, 7 Aug 2016 19:29:22, Emanuel Berg posted:

Then use a browser or add-on which can translate Spanish, into English or even Swedish.

--

 Merlyn Web Site <                       > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Reply to

This might refer to this package:

p python-apsw - another Python SQLite 3 wrapper