SNMP variables for Jessie

Under previous Raspbian I could get the percent CPU with SNMP using the OID:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.768

which gave an integer percent CPU usage, but this doesn't work with Jessie. Does anyone know what the equivalent is for percentage CPU? I have searched without success, only finding a string variable, not an integer.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3.2

Thanks!

--
Cheers,
David

try snmpwalk -oN etc.. etc...

To dump the entire snmp database.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's beaten me! I can only see what look like network or process data, no loading at all. Perhaps I have the wrong snmpwalk command, or perhaps I don't have the MIBs loaded, or?

Can anyone help further, please?

--
Cheers,
David

Snmpwalk will walk the entire contents of the database, in numeric form, and (possibly) convert that to strings.

If the CPU data is not in the database, that is probably a sign that some shim that gets it from somewhere and puts it IN the database, is not loaded or not functioning. That's controlled by snmpd.conf

First of all are you getting FULL dumps - many many pages.

If not edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

# Default access to EVERYTHING rocommunity public localhost

# Default access to basic system info #rocommunity public default -V systemonly

-------------------- as root (or sudo) #apt-get install snmp-mibs-downloader #download-mibs

and to get snmpwalk to use em comment out the line mibs: in /etc/snmp/snmp.conf to #mibs:

Now you should have human readable crap spewing out of snmpwalk in quantity

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost

On my intel desktop I think this is what you need

snmpwalk -v 2c -On -c public localhost cpuidle .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0 = INTEGER: 96

.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.10.0 is SYSTEM % .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.9.0 is USER %

So that may be the numeric MIB these days.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 29/02/2016 18:58, The Natural Philosopher wrote: []

[]

Thanks! I was able to get MRTG to display (100 - % idle) to get a sensible-looking value for %used.

It's an RPi 2 running 4 threads of an ADS-B decoding program being fed from an Airspy receiver at 20 MSPS.

- about 2/3 down the page.

--
Cheers,
David