SD Card copying as a backup - nooby!

I have just bought a R Pi 3B+, on which I am running the latest NOOBS.

I bought it to run some specific software, which I have now managed to get set up and working on a 32Gb card. The only other suitably large card I have is a 16Gb, onto which I would like to write a backup copy.

I have tried to use Win32DiskImager, but that complains that is cannot copy from the 32 to 16Gb.

I also have an old usb mobile dongle, which has a built in SD Card slot. That just seems to want to install its mobile software - without access to the 16Gb card.

What to try next please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield laid this down on his screen :

Oh, the only other systems I have access to are Windows XP and Win10 and I don't have a clue about the R I's filing/partition systems.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Get a micro-sd card usb key (e.g.

) and use rsync on the 3B+ - cron job?

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

Chris Elvidge has brought this to us :

Thanks I will try that..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :

I remembered I had a Jessops multi-card reader /writer adaptor stashed away in the back of a drawer. I then tried using the Graphical - Accessories/SD Card Copier, that worked fine in producing a working copy on the 16Gb, with the 'New Partition UUIDs' ticked.

Another big step forward :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield