Samba??

I have setup file transfer to my raspberry pi b and can transfer files from a W7 PC to the pi and viceversa. However I am using my Nexus tablet which displays both screens to carry out the transfer. How do I set up the Pi to see the W7 PC and vice-versa.

Malcolm Smith

--
T M Smith
Using an Iyonix and RISC OS 5.20 in the North Riding of Yorkshire

The search term you want is "cifs".

man mount.cifs

Also google for "mount cifs". Look through the first page of hits for command syntax examples. The exact details will depend on how you set up the share on Win 7. Have you set up a Windows "domain", for example? And do you want a temporary mount or a more permanent mount set up via /etc/fstab, etc?

And google "mount cifs raspbian" for details of raspbian packages that might be relevant.

Reply to
Dave Farrance

Thanks for the info. I have now installed cifs and another package dinwin (or similar) I have modified three files has suggested on the site describing installation under Raspbian and changed the Win7 to homegroup.

Now to see what happens.

Thanks Malcolm Smith