rPi:forums httpS <-closed?

googling to try to find HOW2 leverage rPi's Wolfram/Mathematica
use of espeak, led to some https;

and when I used:---
wget  --no-check-certificate \
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php%3F%26t%3D47942

I got:---
 https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php%3F%26t%3D47942
Resolving www.raspberrypi.org... 93.93.128.211, 93.93.128.230,
93.93.130.39, ...
Connecting to www.raspberrypi.org|93.93.128.211|:443... connected.
WARNING: cannot verify www.raspberrypi.org's certificate, issued by `/
C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G3':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

It seems strange that rPi: an educational project; should be "closed"?

What am I missing?

PS. festival text-to-speech works nicely for me; I was just wondering
why the *BIG* boys use espeak.

Re: rPi:forums httpS <-closed?

Just plow through and trust that their certificate has expired.
I did and haven't had any problems such as a redirect takeover.

Bad form on the part of raspberrypi.org letting that cert lapse, we'll
loose much advancement of the cause.

  All ladders in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye have thirteen steps.
There are thirteen steps to the gallows, firing squad or any execution.