Remote access problems

I now have my RPi installed as a headless server with .Remote Desktop Viewer' providing the VNC connection. This workes as advertised and I am quite happy with it.

A problem arises when I try to SSH between the RPi and the other two computers on my LAN. SSH between the other two presents no problems.

When I try to SSH the RPi it asks for a password which I enter and then it freezes. No input is possible and control C does not escape the situation. The same thing happens when I SSH from the RPi screen.

I thought perhaps the SSH service had not started so a ran 'sudo service ssh start' but still had the same problem.

I'm probably missing something obvious??

Best Regards, Jack Fearnley

Reply to
Jack Fearnley

To see if the problem is an ssh one, when you ssh from another system turn on verbose mode: $ ssh -v -v -v pi@systemname (Each -v causes more verbose messages.)

My suspicion is that something in your login profile is hanging the session at login time, probably you're starting a program in your .bashrc which is just stopping the login process. From a terminal on your Pi, try running: $ bash -l -x and see where the list of login code stops. That's probably where you're hanging.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Heffner