Release 3.18.7-v7+ versus 3.18.7+-v7

I've downloaded 2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy for a Pi2, and I want to build some matching kernel modules, so I followed the firmware version to get the linux source tarball, and unpacked that. In there, I've done the "make prepare" which creates include/generated/utsrelease.h

cat /mnt/linux/linux/include/generated/utsrelease.h #define UTS_RELEASE "3.18.7+-v7"

uname -r

3.18.7-v7+

Any idea why these strings don't match (the "+" is in a different place)?

It causes my kernel modules to fail to load, because the release they are built for (3.18.7+-v7) doesn't match the running system (3.18.7-v7+).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel