Real Programmers Code Drivers!

Hardware revisions? They have sold what, over a million of these boards with the same CPU. I think that is a large enough base to start designing something for. :)

--

Rick
Reply to

Great--go for it!

The OP may wish to pursue a less tortuous course.

--
-michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmahon
Reply to

Uh, I *am* the OP...

If you are talking about the guy who wanted the 6 ADCs I expect you will find he hasn't made much progress.

--

Rick
Reply to

Current figures are around four million and sales are increasing :)

Reply to
Dom

So maybe there is a market for compatible boards that work *really* well. :)

--

Rick
Reply to

I think it's closer to 3.5 million Pi's in total now.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

You can, but you have a lot of layers of Linux in the way. You can treat the BCM2835 as a microcontroller if you want, but run a microcontroller-style OS on it (or no OS at all), not a full desktop OS.

Having said that, Linux has aspirations in the microcontroller space (phones, IoT, etc) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kernel build tweaks towards that, it's just a case of finding them. However it probably doesn't help if the driver isn't written with that in mind.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

bcm2835.c

YMMV as they say... Between different monitors and different sight due to age, etc.... On my front monitor the gray is rather dim and hard to read. On my side monitor with less contrast the gray is much darker and easier to read.

I'll have to agree with Rob Morley, I like green on black for C code.

Reply to
Joe Beanfish

I don't care as long as its not overly garish or impossible to read.

I may have tapped it all into VI, but in essence I debugged it all on fanfold.

rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. ? Erwin Knoll
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher