Raspbery Pi as a Google Cloud Print server

I have set up my Raspbery Pi as a Cloud printer server by auto loading the Chromium browser. It works OK. A browser window is opened in the LXDE deskt op. Is it possible to also close this window in the startup procedure to re lease a bit of memory? I can do it with the mouse while looking at the scre en but I would like to run the pi without mouse, keyboard or screen.

Reply to
Barry Allen

Configure the RPi for headless operation. Start the Chromium browser from .bash_profile and killall it from .bash_logout.

Headless operation lets the RPi run without a directly mouse, keyboard or screen because it will use these devices that are attached to the computer you're logging in from.

Requirements for this to work are that the RPi must be a model B connected to your LAN and must be running a Linux. The machine you login from must be connected to your LAN and running an Xserver, but it will be doing that anyway if its running Linux. If its a Windows box there are several Xterm packages available from both free and commercial sources.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK