Raspberry Pi wifi dongle

that isn't wlconfig saying "nothing"

it's bash saying "wlconfig is not installed"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for the link and a particular part of it was very helpful:

Typical WiFi configuration steps:

What I had to do was to boot the pi3 with both ethernet and USB wifi dongle. Then from Networks select the wifi network from the list. Write down the ip address of the wifi connection.(I knew this anyway) Shutdown Rune Audi from the menu Remove the ethernet cable and reboot the pi3. Once booted I entered the wifi ip address in a browser, and Rune Audio GUI appeared. I then moved the pi3 back to its original playing location, booted it up and the wifi connection was back up. Normal service has been resumed.

Thanks

Reply to
RobH

Try 'iwconfig' instead.

If its not installed hook up some ethernet, get an internet comnnection that way and install it.

its shoes.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

because the command which rune audio DOES install is iwconfing.

its shoes.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As per my post above , wifi is now working ok

Reply to
RobH

If you place a more powerful WiFi adaptor very close to a weaker one such the built in one in the Pi3 or a USB dongle, you may have problems.

You can even have problems with USB3 devices in close proximity to a WiFi adpators. Try moving equipment around, and failing that, use wired networking.

---druck

Reply to
druck

After following some instructions on RuneAudio's website, the wifi dongle is working fine and the tablet sees RuneAudio device.

Reply to
RobH

troubleshooting/

it sounds like there is a possibility your Wan IP Address had changed (quite possible when it is assigned by DHCP) you may want to look at either configuring the PI's WIFI to use a fixed address or configuring the router to always assign the same one

--
It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth
have both failed.