Raspberry Pi use in education: boot times, repeatable boot

Yeah, I use Chrome, so spell chucker is on everywhere. :)

Some people read dyslexicly, some write dyslexicly, some both.

Don't be silly... 'Men' are 'always' wrong... you not know this?

Bill Garber

Bill Garber

"Dilsexics, untie!"

-michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II:

Michael J. Mahon

It doesn't pick up if I use the wrong word though.

I can usually read and write OK, even without a spellchucker. I blame lack of sleep for my uncharacteristic error ;-)

;-)

--
(\__/)  M.
 Click to see the full signature

"Mark" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

This is true, and 'complaint' is just an incorrect word. Too bad it doesn't include an incorrect context viewing.

Lack of sleep, and, too much wine/booze, are both legal Usenet excuses for committing errors. 8>)

Reply to
Bill Garber

A typo for "compliant", in particular RFC3676 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

Careful - TPIS (the Thought Police Information System) may raise an alert about that sex syllable, and the hints of bondage!

--
Windmill, TiltNot@NoneHome.com       Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                            @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Windmill

Users in the UK (the origin of the Raspberry Pi) will not even see that message because they by default have blocks on anything like that.

Reply to
Rob

Shouldn't that be "format=flawed"?

--
Mike Fleming
Reply to

Not to mention that it is spelled "Dyslexics". So, it would be "Dylsexics, untie". Michael, I am disappointed. 8

Reply to
Bill Garber

This really depends on which distribution you are using. If you use buildroot with the standard configuration for rasberry pi, the system boots in 1 second.

Reply to
Sébastien Fricker

Certainly true when using some mobile dongles here. Though I'd bet that teenagers who aren't even interested in computers will already have found a way around the blocks that matter to them.

Read an article recently which pointed out that if you left the first and last letters of each word unchanged, but scrambled the rest, the result was still comprehensible to a human being.

It didn't say, though recent revelations mean that it must surely have been in the author's mind, that scuh giarblng wulod be vrey dcuffliit fro an afriitcal ianitnsy prarogm to riadlpy adn rbleliay dephceir.

Yet automatic generation of such scrambling would be trivial.

--
Windmill, TiltNot@NoneHome.com       Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                            @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Windmill

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 03:21:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@Freeola.net.invalid (Windmill) declaimed the following:

Okay, I managed everything except "ianitnsy" on a direct/first read through... (and only on writing this figured out "insanity" )

Dennis Lee Bieber

"long" ago an American provider decided that certain words are not to be appearing in text stored there (I think it was about websites), and implemented a word substitution filter. There was a list of forbidden words, and a corresponding list of alternate words which were deemed acceptable.

However, the programmer of the filter was not very clever. When one of the forbidden words appeared as a substring of a longer word, the substring was replaced by the alternative.

This resulted in some very funny words, and a while ago I read somewhere that when you search for those words on internet you still find websites where those words appear in texts. Text was copied by others while the filter was active, by people who did not even notice.

Reply to
Rob

That's very impressive, considering that (I assume) English isn't your first language.

--
Windmill, TiltNot@NoneHome.com       Use  t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:-                            @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Windmill

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:58:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@Freeola.net.invalid (Windmill) declaimed the following:

Pardon... No... English is it... and F77 used to be my second

Dennis Lee Bieber