raspberry pi bitcoin or litecoin node? anyone?

Been looking at setting up a litecoin node...I see plenty of stuff on
bitcoin node setup that is not the problem...I can try to use a
raspberry Pi B+ 512mb to setup as a litecoin node instead.

Was wondering if anyone on here has setup up such a node on a raspberry
pi? and/or if I am lucky someone on here has the 'tweaked' way to setup
such as a litecoin node...will take advice on the bitcoin node setup
supposedly it is a few tweaks to change it to litecoin node setup
(linux)

you don't make anything by running these nodes....they are just to help
the network...but bitcoin and litecoin have been 'bery bery good to me"
so time to give a little back.

If no one has a clue...if/when i get this done I'll post the results
here for future use...was just hoping there was a complete link
for 'litecoin nodes' step by step like there is for bitcoin nodes
i can maybe muck my way thru linux command line but was being lazy.

thanks
brad

---

Re: raspberry pi bitcoin or litecoin node? anyone?

you can use the same program it's used for bitcoin: minderd or bfgminer,
you just have to tell the program to use a different algorithm.
The problem is that the rasp is not powerful enough to get some money
from it.

It is good as proxy for Asicminer&c though.

Bye Jack
--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Re: raspberry pi bitcoin or litecoin node? anyone?

thats just what I was wondering thou....I saw articles that at the end
of last year folk were using the raspberry pi B+ 512mb for 'Bitcoin
Nodes" again confused by your reply such nodes are NON PAYING not
used for mining ...although they do recommend now that you use the
newest more powerful PI with 1meg for a bitcoin node...

as to why a litecoin node...it is i have the raspberry pi B+ 512mh here
as a gift so what the heck give a bit back to the infrasture for
Litecoin...assuming that will work on this smaller blockchain and
volume network again...because of a lot smaller block chain/etc and
stress on the raspberry pi it would work good enough for a 'Litecoin
Node" in that blockchain is much smaller and less transactions with
Litecoin etc etc

and a bitcoin and/or a Litecoin node you don't MAKE anything mining wise
off running it...ie no coin at all..it is just a pay back as a service
to help the network .(either btc or ltc) ..kinda a pay it forward kinda
thing  (as long as I have
this laying about as a gift from 2014)

anyway how my logic on this going...i suppose I will just try it and see
if my supposition is correct or not on it being 'workable' as a Litecoin
Node for the above 'suppositions' ...but yeah as a bicoin node
it probably won't fly with the size of BTC's blockchain now

brad

---