raspberry pi bitcoin or litecoin node? anyone?

Been looking at setting up a litecoin node...I see plenty of stuff on bitcoin node setup that is not the problem...I can try to use a raspberry Pi B+ 512mb to setup as a litecoin node instead.

Was wondering if anyone on here has setup up such a node on a raspberry pi? and/or if I am lucky someone on here has the 'tweaked' way to setup such as a litecoin node...will take advice on the bitcoin node setup supposedly it is a few tweaks to change it to litecoin node setup (linux)

you don't make anything by running these nodes....they are just to help the network...but bitcoin and litecoin have been 'bery bery good to me" so time to give a little back.

If no one has a clue...if/when i get this done I'll post the results here for future use...was just hoping there was a complete link for 'litecoin nodes' step by step like there is for bitcoin nodes i can maybe muck my way thru linux command line but was being lazy.

thanks brad

mrbrad

you can use the same program it's used for bitcoin: minderd or bfgminer, you just have to tell the program to use a different algorithm. The problem is that the rasp is not powerful enough to get some money from it.

It is good as proxy for Asicminer&c though.

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to

thats just what I was wondering thou....I saw articles that at the end of last year folk were using the raspberry pi B+ 512mb for 'Bitcoin Nodes" again confused by your reply such nodes are NON PAYING not used for mining ...although they do recommend now that you use the newest more powerful PI with 1meg for a bitcoin node...

as to why a litecoin node...it is i have the raspberry pi B+ 512mh here as a gift so what the heck give a bit back to the infrasture for Litecoin...assuming that will work on this smaller blockchain and volume network again...because of a lot smaller block chain/etc and stress on the raspberry pi it would work good enough for a 'Litecoin Node" in that blockchain is much smaller and less transactions with Litecoin etc etc

and a bitcoin and/or a Litecoin node you don't MAKE anything mining wise off running it...ie no coin at all..it is just a pay back as a service to help the network .(either btc or ltc) ..kinda a pay it forward kinda thing (as long as I have this laying about as a gift from 2014)

anyway how my logic on this going...i suppose I will just try it and see if my supposition is correct or not on it being 'workable' as a Litecoin Node for the above 'suppositions' ...but yeah as a bicoin node it probably won't fly with the size of BTC's blockchain now

brad

mrbrad