Quick %timeit request for anyone with a pi and ipython installed

Hello,

I've been playing around with ipython and have just started looking at its parallel computing capabilities. My current main (aka only) hardware consis ts of a fabulously underpowered Atom N2600 netbook from 2012, maxed out at

3 gb, augmented by a fairly nice external monitor that I'm considering turn ing over to a Pi-2.

I've run comparisons (well, a comparison) on the little netbook, VMs provid ed by

and the only other hardware at my disposa l, a four year old Android tablet, using the following in ipython:

import math %timeit math.factorial(2**14)

Sage Math Cloud has ipython (2), but not ipython3 - this will run faster in Python 3 than 2. On the tablet, I have a chroot Debian environment with i python3 installed, but not 2. On the netbook are both.

These are the results:

ipython3: netbook: 69.6 ms tablet: 120 ms

ipython2: netbook: 687 ms Sage Cloud: 113 ms

I'd be grateful if anyone with ipython (2 or 3, but please specify) install ed on a pi could run this and report their results - I'd love to know how a Pi (especially a Pi 2) compares.

Reply to
Steve Leach

RPi 2, standard "Pi2" overclocking via raspi-config:

arm_freq=1000 core_freq=500 sdram_freq=500 over_voltage=2

ipython2: 1.12 s ipython3: 177 ms

Quite a difference from 2 to 3!

Reply to
A. Dumas