Protecting mono from upgrade, sound test

My copy of NOOBS is fully up to date, but because of an issue with the usb port use, I had to install an old version V3.x of mono. How can I protect that old version of mono from being updated in the future please?

I have just bought my first Pi (Pi 3B+), so familiarity is still low. I plugged an earphone into the 3.5mm socket, expecting to hear some sort of noise or beep from it, but nothing.

Is there a simple way to get the thing to produce some audio noise please, just to prove it is working?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Point the chrome browser and play a video. Most of them have sound. If sound doesn't work, use raspi-config to change the audio options.

Kees Nuyt
Reply to
Kees Nuyt

on 11/07/2018, Kees Nuyt supposed :