Previous kernel images

I have a problem with raspbian on a raspberry-pi version B and the gpio (from
https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wiringpi ) and the last kernel.
At the gpio pin 19 there is a push-button connect to common for halt system.
I use a simple script bash in background to test the falling of gpio pin 19
(bcm 30) for halt system:

pin19%
/usr/local/bin/gpio mode $pin up     # Enable internal pull-up
/bin/sleep 180                          # wait 3 minutes!!!
/usr/local/bin/gpio mode $pin up     # Enable internal pull-up
/usr/local/bin/gpio wfi  $pin falling        # Wait for input level to drop
echo "SHUTDOWN at:   `date -R`" >> /var/log/on.log
echo >> /var/log/on.log
/sbin/iptables-save > $(echo "/root/iptables-save__$(date +%Y-%m-%d__%H:%M)")
sleep 1
/usr/bin/sudo /sbin/halt

Last use of button was the 27 febrary and work ok.
Today, with the last update of raspbian, not work and crash with this message:

Message from syslogd@localhost at Apr  7 21:59:19 ...
 kernel:[  922.196295] Disabling IRQ #50

... and dmesg report many error linees.

Because I have not a recent backup (the last backup is from 4 months) I want to
restore the previous kernel.

How I do ?

| Macchia:                                                                  |
Re: Previous kernel images

Set up a new, bootable SD card and boot from that.
Connect a USB SD-card reader to the RPi, plug your old card into that
and mount it.
You should now be able to access the old card, so you can back up the
contents of its /home/* directory tree to a PC and/or, copy all the stuff
you need from /home on the old card to /home on the card you've just
booted off and then back that up.

Then get in the habit of doing more frequent backups, preferably to a
cycle of two or three SD cards or hard drives.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Sorry for imprecision...
The problem of "crash" is *only* when I push the button.
Normally work ok.
If you do not press the button raspberry working properly.
In fact I did not notice the problem until I had to turn off the raspberry!
When I push the button, not start the halt process but exit the error of
disabling interrupt, into dmesg I see many error linees, and the script
freeze.
If I push a second time the button, rasperry ignore this, but work as normal.
The line of script:
        /usr/local/bin/gpio wfi  $pin falling
is frozen and the script does not proceed.
I have updated the program gpio from site, but the problem not change.
I suppose that the problem is in the new kernel with features for the new
version of raspberry (B+ and 2) incompatible for this application.
This my "halt" button work correct from many years...

| Macchia:                                                                  |
Re: Previous kernel images

I would trys to understand what changed in the new kernel respect of the
previous and fix the script accordingly.
By the way have you updated the firmware?

Bye Jack
--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Re: Previous kernel images

Is a normal shell script!   It use the famous gpio utility!
As the fan control which use the gpio 17 (bcm 28) but work correct.
And this fan control is another shell script but working in cron!
The problem is the trigger of pin 19 (bcm 30).
Because I use the extension P5, not present in raspberry 2, I suppose a
possible bug/incompatibility in new kernel.
Some day past using aptitude, into the updating programs as security, was the
new kernel version, and I upgrade all...
The last day I used the "halt button" (connect at the gpio 19 pin) was the 27
of Febrary. The probem is from this date and yesterday.

I use raspbian and update periodically with aptitude!
Do you know a link with the history of upgrade of raspbian?

Now I am extracting the first partition of the last backup complete created
with "dd" into a file, adding the MBR ad make a new SD with the complete
backup of today and the first partition extracted from last backup!

I hope it works!

|  Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo, Aureli pathice et cinaede Furi,            |
Re: Previous kernel images

Good luck..

What appears to have happened, as far as I can tell (being the author of
wiringPi and the gpio utility) is that the boffins at Pi HQ have done
something to the kernel to stop/block the interrupts being avalable on
the pins normally reserved for I2C or SPI.

It's something I have no control over unfortunately - I'm as much
in the dark as the dozens of people who've been emailling me about it )-:

Gordon

Site Timeline