Please check out this course.

On 2018 Apr 04 14:06:08, you wrote to A. Dumas:

CE> development CE> -kit

there's your link without all of

CE> ?utm_campaign=Raspberry%20Pi%20UK&utm_content=CM3&utm_medium=Referral& CE> utm_source=Raspberry%20Pi

this tracker marketing bullshit... you really should trim that crap off... or maybe we should all be adding that stuff to ALL of our links so we can ummm... "modify" their stats... yeah, that's the ticket :evil:

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... Talk is cheap, until you hire a lawyer.

Reply to
mark lewis

Master Raspberry Pi compute module 3 and implement it in the remote vehicle monitoring project. Raspberry Pi Compute Module is Raspberry Pi 3 on stero ids and is aimed at hardcore developers. MAKERDEMY is proud to bring to you the only course available online on Raspberry Pi 3 compute module 3. In th is highly rated Udemy course, you will learn in detail about Raspberry Pi c ompute module 3 and by the end, you will be confident enough to carry out y our own projects using this board. Avail a limited time discount on this co urse by clicking on the link below:

onal/?couponCode=APR4_LL

Reply to
Makerdemy

What is this 'Compute Module 3' of which you speak?

Is it just another name for an RPi 3 or what?

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

No.

A. Dumas

I assume

.

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to
Chris Elvidge

That's the dev kit. At Element14

I see before tax prices of ?28.49 for a single board CM3, ?24.29 for the lite version CM3L and ?173.09 for the dev kit which includes a CM3, a CM3L, an IO board, a camera adapter, a power supply, a USB cable and jumper wires.

Reply to
A. Dumas

Thanks for that. The link I had I got from the Raspberry Pi site.

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

Well it would be the link if you used a proper newsreader that doesn't break lines and insert non-standard quoting prefixes.

---druck

Reply to
druck

No, it's a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3.

Reply to
Rob Morley

README.md

Thanks guys. It hadn't registered with me, probably because one of the standard RPIs does everything I think I'll need it to do.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

On 2018 Apr 04 20:16:08, you wrote to me:

CE>>> development-kit

ml>> there's your link

dr> Well it would be the link if you used a proper newsreader that doesn't dr> break lines and insert non-standard quoting prefixes.

  1. it was broken when it got here... i just trimmed off all the shit that was attached to it... i did not unwrap it from its prewrapped
Reply to
mark lewis

On 2018 Apr 06 12:45:02, you wrote to me:

DJ> In article , Mark lewis wrote: >> 2. don't fall afoul of thinking that everyone reading usenet uses a >> newsreader... many are connected via BBSes...

DJ> I doubt that there are "many" people using usenet at all, these days.

you might be right :)

DJ> I will allow that some of those that do choose to eschew the DJ> convenience of dedicated newesreader software -- I will even allow DJ> that those few may represent a greater proportion of the total of DJ> usenet users than was the case in the heyday of usenet -- but I DJ> wouldn't say "many" did so ... not since dedicated newsreader software DJ> became commonplace.

that depends on one's environment, really...

DJ> .. but I see you're using something called vSoup. I thought I knew DJ> newsreaders, but I don't recall ever hearing of that before now.

nope... that's another system using that software... it is based on SOUP packets... that system, mine and another >1500 systems, some with hundreds of users, are all networked together around the world outside of the internet... the network has been around since the early '80s... today, though, it uses the internet for its transport whereas previously it used dialup POTS connections for its users access and mail transmissions... think "store and forward packet switching"...

DJ> I would say that "non-standard quoting prefixes" are quoting prefixes DJ> that do not conform to a standard.

interesting... we do have a standard, such as it is... it is not required, though... no system is forced to recognise or implement it :)

DJ> The nearest thing we have to a standard is probably RFC3676, which is DJ> "only" 14 years old. That RFC addresses the problem of (re-)flowing DJ> paragraph text in internet messages (specifically MIME, used by both DJ> mail and news services) to remain within the line lengths specified for DJ> SMTP and NNTP, and in doing so it makes use of the already widely DJ> accepted convention of prefixing quoted lines with '>' characters.

no, that's ""your"" standard... we, in this other network, have our own standard for quoting messages... our standards are not RFCs, either :)

DJ> That convention is rather older. RFC1849 was not published until March DJ> 2010 -- a mere 8 years ago -- but its text is the content of the DJ> "son-of-1036" memo written by Henry Spencer in around 1993/4. I note DJ> that the use of '>' as a prefix for quoted text it presented there DJ> without comment, suggesting that its acceptance as a 'standard' way to DJ> represent quoted text was already so widespread as to require no DJ> explanation. 24 years ago.

you'll note that our standard, such as it is, uses the ">" prefixed by the first letters of the individual's name as written in the FROM field... some systems add another ">" to existing quotes so that one can easily follow the level of quoting as they read a message... we also have a TO field, which you guys do not :) :) :)

DJ> Yeah, OK, you've been doing it differently for 30 years -- and I note DJ> your wry smiley -- but sometimes it pays to move with the times, and I'd DJ> argue that compatibility with the RFC3676 *standard* was a good reason DJ> to do so, here.

we are moving with the times... we're just moving to a different drummer, my friend... we can all dance on the same dance floor, too :)

FWIW: perhaps you know, maybe, what the original old-school BBS is? that's where we come from... pure ASCII text... no HTML or similar muckity muck :mrgreen:

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... McDonald's: Spill a Coffee and WIN!

Reply to
mark lewis

I doubt that there are "many" people using usenet at all, these days. I will allow that some of those that do choose to eschew the convenience of dedicated newesreader software -- I will even allow that those few may represent a greater proportion of the total of usenet users than was the case in the heyday of usenet -- but I wouldn't say "many" did so ... not since dedicated newsreader software became commonplace.

.. but I see you're using something called vSoup. I thought I knew newsreaders, but I don't recall ever hearing of that before now.

I would say that "non-standard quoting prefixes" are quoting prefixes that do not conform to a standard.

The nearest thing we have to a standard is probably RFC3676, which is "only" 14 years old. That RFC addresses the problem of (re-)flowing paragraph text in internet messages (specifically MIME, used by both mail and news services) to remain within the line lengths specified for SMTP and NNTP, and in doing so it makes use of the already widely accepted convention of prefixing quoted lines with '>' characters.

That convention is rather older. RFC1849 was not published until March

2010 -- a mere 8 years ago -- but its text is the content of the "son-of-1036" memo written by Henry Spencer in around 1993/4. I note that the use of '>' as a prefix for quoted text it presented there without comment, suggesting that its acceptance as a 'standard' way to represent quoted text was already so widespread as to require no explanation. 24 years ago.

Yeah, OK, you've been doing it differently for 30 years -- and I note your wry smiley -- but sometimes it pays to move with the times, and I'd argue that compatibility with the RFC3676 *standard* was a good reason to do so, here.

--
Cheers,
 Daniel.

That is just so unnecessarily difficult to read the obvious response is.... *plonk*.

Reply to
mm0fmf