pink plastic box or white paper box

which raspis are delivered in the pink plastic box and which ones in the white cardboard box?

Do you know from the boxing where they are manufactured?

And is there any difference? AFAIK the specs are all the same, Raspberry Pi, model B, Revision 2 with 512 MB.

I remember some vague discussions of

  • RS / Farnell vs. other distributors,
  • Chinese vs. UK origin
  • and of different quality of components, e.g. the SD card holder

- Martin

Reply to
Martin Τrautmann

Mine, only a couple of months old, came in a white box from Farnell. I think they are now all made in the Sony factory in Wales. How to tell where an *old* one was made is anyones guess. Just looked at mine - in very small print on the top of the PCB over the SD slot it says "Made in the IK".

--
Regards
Dave Saville

I think the pink boxes identify those sold by RS components.

Those made in China now are for the Chinese market only, and have a red pcb. Some of the original UK stock was made in China too, but that's now stopped.

Those sold in the UK now will be the same spec and manufacture regardless of who sells them (apart from Ebay, where you take your chances).

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@adamshome.org.uk

Oops that should be UK of course :-)

--
Regards
Dave Saville

IK - you mean UK?

So all of the current ones seem to be white, thin cardboard!?

Mine from last week was, too.

Yet another version I see is a brown, larger cardboard from RS.

- Martin

Reply to
Martin Τrautmann

Skinflint as I am, if someone had told me that I get a free pink case from RS, I would have adapted that, and not have ordered an Adafruit.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham.

RS - pink box - made in China (about a year ago) Element 14 via Modmypi - card box - made in UK No apparently significant component differences.

Reply to
Hils

Nope. Just got two yesterday. Came in a white box with a RPi logo on it.

Got one those as well, but that came in a plain white box.

Reply to
chris

pink plastic is RS-Components / Allied Eelctronics white card is Farnell / Element-14 / Newark

5 names but only 2 companies.

Farnell (etc) are manufacutred by Sony U.K. dunno about RS

--
For a good time: install ntp
Reply to