PiConsole - Anywhere Console for Raspberry Pi

PiConsole is a USB or Bluetooth serial console adapter for Raspberry Pi. You can view all your Console messages and login/logout on your Raspberry Pi from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or Tablet.

Reply to
Chris Hills

mm0fmf
Reply to
Keiya Bachhuber

It's a fancy dongle that connects to the Pi's serial port - allowing you to see boot-time message over the Pi's serial port (which it does by default). So one side is 3.3v UART the othe side is either bluetooth or USB serial.

So this lets you login, see stuff, etc. via the serial port without SSH/Wi-Fi/Ethernet. Bluetooth is much lower power than Wi-Fi, so there is an advange to be had there if you need wireless connectivity when running off batteries.

It does look like the hobbyking device linked too in another post is more or less the same thing - but at 5v, so would need a resistor divider on the Pi's Rx pin.

Not convinced I'd need one myself, but I can see its uses.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

It is 3.3V, with an onboard 5V->3.3V regulator for the power supply. Note that hobbyking was just the easiest to find in a hurry - similar modules are available from DX.com and many other sources, with different firmware versions.

I would also use some kind of network infrastructure for the RPi - the bluetooth modules are great for small/portable microcontroller projects, and are the cheapest solution to get (low-range) telemetry/wireless setup capability for quadcopters.

cu Michael

Reply to
Michael Schwingen