Pi2 sound

After a break from the RPi I have tried again to resolve an outstanding problem. Using my two earlier Pi's I can play sound through my LG TV speakers using the HDMI lead after published modifications to the config.txt file. These were :- amixer cset numid=3 2 hdmi_drive=2 Making these same changes to the RPi2 file I cannot get any sound what so ever. That is using the same HDMI lead.

What might be the difference between Pi1 and Pi2 that could cause this problem. Anyone any ideas on solving the problem

Malcolm Smith

--
T M Smith
Using an ARMX6 and RISC OS 5.21 in the North Riding of Yorkshire

The hdmi_drive=2 should go in the config.txt, as you said. but the amixer line is a Linux command, not a configuration option.

If you type the amixer command on a command line, then reboot, the sound setting should be saved so it will automatically be loaded at boot time.

Reply to
Dom

Thankyou for your reply Dom. Entering the line as a commmand did not change anything. Sonic Pi remains mute I am sorry to say.

Malcolm

--
T M Smith
Using an ARMX6 and RISC OS 5.21 in the North Riding of Yorkshire
Reply to
T M Smith

Further to my previous mail I have done tvservice -s and the return is :- state 0x0120006 [DVI DMT (58) RGB full 16:10], 1680x1050 @ 60Hz progressive. I also checked that sound does come through the headphones but not the TV speakers despite trying altered settings in config.txt.

Anybody sure what setting I should use for this TV?

Malcolm

--
T M Smith
Using an ARMX6 and RISC OS 5.21 in the North Riding of Yorkshire
Reply to
T M Smith

If you are multi-booting (e.g. a NOOBS installation), there is more than one config.txt file. I'm never sure which is used, so I edit both.

Having said that, I haven't had to do anything to have sound come out of the HDMI port with openelec on a Pi 2.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel

I am using the standard download, which I believe is NOOBS -> Rasbian! I gather the Pi2 sorts out what it requires I will have a look for more config.txt files

Thanks Malacolm