Pi 2 case recommendation (UK)

I haven't seen any case recommendations recently so.... I recently bought one of these for the Pi 2.

Current description: "Acrylic Shell Case Enclosure Computer Clear Box for Raspberry Pi 2 and Model B+"

I have to say the case is excellent. It is transparent, just clips

postage.

James

Reply to
James Harris

This case looks interesting when you need to bring out cables etc.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Reply to
David Taylor

This case is a bad design if you want to use a standard GPIO cable because the slot is directly above the header. The usual GPIO cable extends horizontally from the header. It is also easy to break if you disassemble it. Adafruit has a case with the slot in the correct position . It is polycarbonate in two pieces but is otherwise similar to your case. Adafruit have dealers in several countries so you don't need to pay their crippling delivery charges.

I will add a caution for those who are looking on eBay for your case. There is a similar case that only has a narrow slot in the lid for the GPIO cable so it is impossible to use any GPIO cable with a connector at each end. Here is one .

Reply to
Gordon Levi

IBTD. I have two of these and think they are crap. Cheaply and imprecised milled plastics, breaks easily. I wouldn't recommend it.

Reply to
Jack Ryan

I have a timber PiBow for my Pi2.

The wood matches my turntable and it sits on top of my amplifiers, looks very neat.

With this model you have to replace one of the layers of wood (I took out 2 layers of wood) with the clear plastic layer for a Pi2 but that simply shows the power LED and looks even better.

--
David B
http://mr2roc.org/