PC-attached headless PI

Hi all; I'm now using my network-attached headless PI mainly from a PC running XP, with KiTTY. All works fine.

I would like to know if this configuration may work:

- I take another PI with a copy of my SD.

- I give power to the PI from an USB port on my PC.

- I connect the PI to the PC via LAN using a cross cable.

Since the PI and the PC are on the same network (192.168.0.xxx) KiTTY should work normally; I hope.

Some of you can confirm or suggest another way?

Thank you and greeting from Italy

--
Giorgio
Reply to

if the Pi is configured with a fixed IP address yes if it is configured fro DHCP then probably not Unless your pc is acting as a DHCP server

(Crossover cable may not be needed may PC Network cards now Auto cross but you would have to test this on your own equipment)

--
Nature abhors a virgin -- a frozen asset.
		-- Clare Booth Luce