Modify source and compiling

Better to use 'fakeroot' than run as root.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

FFS its not GCHQ its a raspberry pi..

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Makefiles are usually structured so that the build step doesn?t need root or fakeroot at all; only ?make install? should need elevated privilege.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to

It is not required to run as root AT ALL!

I fetched those two files using wget, typed make, and it all went flawlessly.

BIG could not achieve that. He thinks he understands the matter but he apparently doesn't.

However, a warning: this program is most likely used to capture plaintext passwords on a hacked system. I see no need to help him with that.

Reply to
Rob

Richard Kettlewell in data 22:20, sabato 01 marzo 2014, nel gruppo comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:

Only "install" need root privilege. Make and congigure can be runned as user.

But the my problem was missing library not segnalated by author and the download of directory debian in author ftp site.

----------------

I solved using an other approach. Finding with google for "pam_storepw" I found in a italian blog, the creation of a ftp honeypot

I have installd the "dev" library (missing in my first approach) and simple download, link and compile the file pam_storepw.so. Copied the file (using root privilege) in /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/security). Modify the file sshh in /etc/pam.d including the new compilated file.

Now I have a file with the _WRONG_ password used for ssh acces in my raspberry. The raspberry is my and I know my password !!!!

Now the problem (relative) is to know the password used to "brute force" invalid user, but this a relative problem ;)

Finally I can monitoring the probability to discovery my password to access in my device.

Thank at all.

Reply to
BIG (Umberto)

Ah, thanks. fakeroot is required to build kernel Debian packages with make-kpkg, so I couldn't remember if it was necessary to use it to build normal Debian packages.

Though this isn't building a Debian package, it's just running 'make' - which never needs root.

apt-get source mypackage cd mypackage-1.00 debian/rules binary

being the commands to build a Debian package from source, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

It is not a package. it is a .c sourcefile and a Makefile. Just type "make" and it compiles. When he types "make" he gets syntax errors => he has damaged the file.

Reply to
Rob

Actually he had a missing dependency.

Reply to
Rob Morley

His initial problem was:

Makefile:20: *** missing separator. Stop.

That doesn't have anything to do with a missing dependency. More likely it was tabs expanded to spaces by a lame editor. Or maybe MSDOS line endings by same.

Reply to
Rob

I should have been paying more attention - sorry. :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley