Latest system updates!

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary

Translate This Thread From English to

Threaded View
Hello All!

Since I updated the box with the current-ish set of updates I have lost screen
output - screen says no connection.

Have no issue logging in via ssh but would like to use the gui for some Cobol
development using Heirloom's cobol compiler that translates to Java but there
again that has its issues as well.

Any one any ideas as to why and yes I plugged the hdmi cable from the Pi to
another in use screen and that does not respond so it is Pi related.
And just in case tried another HDMI cable.

Vince


Re: Latest system updates!
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:35:19 +1300, Vince Coen wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Did you, perchance, do 'rpi-update'? That updates firmware and has been  
known to break things from time to time.

Latest system updates!
Hello ray!

Monday August 12 2019 17:47, you wrote to me:

 > On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:35:19 +1300, Vince Coen wrote:

 >> Hello All!
 >>
 >> Since I updated the box with the current-ish set of updates I have
 >> lost screen output - screen says no connection.
 >>
 >> Have no issue logging in via ssh but would like to use the gui for
 >> some Cobol development using Heirloom's cobol compiler that
 >> translates to Java but there again that has its issues as well.
 >>
 >> Any one any ideas as to why and yes I plugged the hdmi cable from
 >> the Pi to another in use screen and that does not respond so it is
 >> Pi related. And just in case tried another HDMI cable.
 >>
 >> Vince

 > Did you, perchance, do 'rpi-update'? That updates firmware and has
 > been known to break things from time to time.

Nope, did not even know of it so not done unless it happens with a apt update;
apt upgrade.

Vince


Re: Latest system updates!
On 12/08/2019 18:47, ray carter wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it
Oh you can say that again !

The latest update/upgrade broke the pi NOIR camera*.

"Purple haze, all in my brain
Lately things they don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I kiss the sky"
    Jimi Hendrix.

* Although there is an alleged fix, if you can find it.

--  
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse
We've slightly trimmed the long signature. Click to see the full one.

Site Timeline