iTunes look alike to the RPi?

Someone asked me the other days whether there was an iTunes look-alike for the RPi. I didn't think so, but perhaps someone here knows better. I think it was to back up an iPod, but I'm not sure.

--
Cheers,
David

It?s going to make a big difference if they just want a music/media play that *looks* or acts like iTunes, or something that manages iOS devices (and whether those are older or newer devices, too). Either way, there?s nothing particularly RPi specific about it. Linux software exists to do both, so it all comes down to what you actually need and what your UI preferences are. On the RPi, just go to Preferences -> Add/Remove Software and do a search on ?iPod? and ?iTunes? to get an idea of what?s out there.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly

Thanks, Doc, for your comments.

It seems that they are set on using a Raspberry Pi - I think it's because it's so small and portable and they have one! So if anyone has a specific software recommendation ("the obvious best choice") it would be nice to hear it, but I think they are wasting their time and would do better with a Windows tablet running the real iTunes (ability to run Windows software is another, separate requirement).

--
Cheers,
David

The last reason is hard to argue with. As to the others:

It is small, granted, but when doing useful work it tends to have bits and pieces dangling off it. And portable is true as such, but portable and working requires a battery and a small one won't suffice.

The PI would be the obvious choice if they already have it attached to their TV or stereo or both and want to make it more useful. Apart from that you are undoubtedly right about the tablet.

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to

Yes, they are attaching to a TV (so portable?), hence the question is there iTunes for the RPi. I'll not waste more time on this. Thanks to everyone for their responses.

--
Cheers,
David