IR lamps to use with the NoIR V2

Hello,

Are there any good USB powered IR lamps that go along with the NoIR v2? I have a Pi 3 and want to use it with the NoIR to monitor my garage.

Any recommendations for IR lighting is welcome.

regards.

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!

Is that a dedicated USB for the light or shared with the Pi3? Nominal

2 A USB supply is 10 W, Pi3 with a bit of headroom will take half that. 5 W isn't a great deal of light, though maybe OK for a "standard" garage.

There are plenty of cheap IR iluminators on eBay/Amazon around or less than a tenner. The are designed for the CCTV market so are 12 V. Beam angle is something to watch out for some are quite narrow. They also tend to be Near IR as well and there is a visible dull red glow from them.

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Am 02.05.2016 um 13:42 schrieb Dave Liquorice:

I was thinking of pluging a USB light in the Pi itself if possible. Otherwise I would you for a seperate IR lamp of sorts.

--
SunDancer
All your squigs are belongz to me!
[TAG] Fairy & [POLL]-Enforcer
http://blog.der-boese-metaller.de
Reply to
Tim Albers

Check the Pi3 spec its USB ports might be limited to 500 mA @ 5 V or

2.5 W. Might get away with that if building your own and can get "ultra bright" near IR LEDs.
Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice