installation of Resilio-sync not successful

On 2017 Jan 30 16:42:50, you wrote to All:

SB> Is there anybody who managed the installation of resilio-sync? The SB> command "sudo apt-get install resilio-sync" downloads and installs the SB> program but always quits with an error message "E: Sub-process SB> /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)".

SB> I purged and reinstalled it but without success. What is wrong?

you should try it with aptitude instead of apt-get... aptitude seems to be much better at working out requirements and conflicts... i only use aptitude except for the few little things that it doesn't do...

sudo apt-get install aptitude

sudo aptitude install resilio-sync

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... I'm only a beer teetotaler, not a champagne teetotaler.

Reply to
mark lewis

Is there anybody who managed the installation of resilio-sync? The command "sudo apt-get install resilio-sync" downloads and installs the program but always quits with an error message "E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)".

I purged and reinstalled it but without success. What is wrong?

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

I've always assumed Aptitude used exactly the same apt commands behind the GUI.

Reply to
Rob Morley

On 2017 Jan 30 19:05:48, you wrote to me:

SB>>> I purged and reinstalled it but without success. What is wrong?

ml>> you should try it with aptitude instead of apt-get... aptitude seems ml>> to be much better at working out requirements and conflicts... i only ml>> use aptitude except for the few little things that it doesn't do...

ml>> sudo apt-get install aptitude

ml>> sudo aptitude install resilio-sync

RM> I've always assumed Aptitude used exactly the same apt commands behind RM> the GUI.

what GUI? these are TUI commands...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... God Bless America, but God help Canada to put up with them!

Reply to
mark lewis