Info sought for a SHARP LQ071Y1DH01 7 inch LCD display

Hello all,

A few years ago someone donated me a (brand new!) SHARP LQ071Y1DH01 LCD display (7 inch diagonal), but I've never been able to find info about it (it seems to be sold by plenty webshows though). The PCB mentions Y142CKA-A, but no luck with that either.

The display has a, probably backlight, connector on a 4 cm bit of wire, and at a short side a connector with pins in a 1mm spacing, D-connector (zig-zagging) configuration. On the PCB side ontop of it there is some printing showing "J9N19A".

Does someone recognise the display, and can tell me where I can find the specs for it ? Than maybe I could connect it to my Pi ...

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

I'm afraid it's a minefield. There are occasionally Chinese sites that claim to have PDFs which they will supply on payment of 'credits' (which you can get from submitting other PDFs), but I don't know if they actually have what you want.

My only other suggestion is to look for some piece of equipment that has this screen, and see if you can find a photo of the PCB which might be enough to reverse engineer the pinout.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Reply to
A. Dumas

Theo,

Apart from that I have no PDFs to offer them - none of the ones I have are mine to give away - I would, as you already remarked, not trust them in the slightest.

Any idea to how to do that ? Googeling for it doesn't seem to work (its returns rather short list of sellers). But I guess I could give it another try.

Actually, I was sort of hoping someone would perhaps recognise it as model especially made (or rather, model-numbered) for a specific company, and would know what the regular model number of it is.

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

A,

Can't remember to be honest. I did try to search several of their websites for it though. No luck there either. But I could (again) try that I guess.

Thanks, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

No idea I'm afraid. It's just a possible option. (I was doing this for an LCD recently, which was out of a piece of equipment, and concluded the solution was to buy another instance of the equipment to take apart and probe - the photos of the insides on the net were not quite good enough to reverse engineer)

If you can find a SHARP catalogue you might be able to work out model numbers of similar panels, and see if they have the same connector (often the same electronics are used on different sized panels). I suspect LQ071 means a 7.1" panel, but it seems there are very few of those out there. I might try filtering from this list based on what you know:

and seeing if you can find a datasheet for anything that looks similar. For example, does the back look like this one?

is also a useful source of datasheets, if you want to try models that might have similar numbers.

It seems pretty difficult to find data for arbitrary panels, sadly.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Theo,

In my case I just have the panel, with no knowledge which device it was intended to be a part of. So no way to put a 'scope on it to see what signals are present on the connector.

Mechanical ? It seems to be an exact match, including most of the printing on the circuitboards.

The only things that seem to be different is the backlight connector (mine is a smaller two-pin one, with a split at the front - as if its two 1x connectors joined further back), the printing above the connector at the right, and the (same) printing on the Y-shaped copper-colored connection "wire". Ah, the printing just above it starts with 4x, where mine has 2x (the rest of that number is the same).

Alas, this panel has no specs attached to it either. A bit of a dead end ...

Thats another problem: I'm rather unsure if finding a similar panel means that the signals and/or power on its connector will be the same as for mine. I mean that if the other connector uses even a slightly different pin layout than I could easily destroy my panel when power is applied to data pins or two output pins are connected, or just ignore my attempts at feeding it data.

Damn, I really hate having to do "good faith, and hope for the best" jumps like that. :-(

Thanks for the help though. :-)

Yup.

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

1) sometimes, it's a good idea to omit leading zeros, in this case search for LQ71... instead of LQ071... 2)
says (scroll down to descriptionsays), Compatible with Toshiba Libretto 100CT, 110CT, and Satellite 110CT So a search for Toshiba Libretto could also help. There is some info in chapter 4 for the LCD module and for the FL inverter board:
or

Maybe you have some other number(s) on the board, a part numbers for an connectors, as an example.

HTH, Regards and have a nice day Julius

--
An old Windows has an old security hole
A new Windows has a new security hole

Julius,

The question was mine, for a display with the LQ071Y1DH01 identification

I just tried several combinations of that, including removing digits and letters from the right. Althoug the lists got shorter, I could not find any additional info.

:-) See my initial post, and my reply to Theo's post (just below yours).

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

Power is normally easy to trace out. 0V / Ground will probably trace through to large areas of board -ve sides of electrolytic capacitors and exposed bits of metal work (disply unit fixing clips?) and around any fixing holes possibly without the laquer at those places. +V will connect to muliple active devices and the + side of some electrolytics the other side of which are connected to the Gnd as sussed out before. What the supply voltage is is trickier, 3.3, 5,

12?

Search for the chip numbers rather than the completed panel number. Far more likely to get useful hits and datasheet for the chip so its pin out and expected supply voltage (but note the board might live of something else, deriving supply(s) for the chip(s) from that with on board regulators). With the pin out you can then trace back to connector and the data sheet will tell you what interface it uses, maybe I2C SPI etc.

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice