How to shut down display on Pi3?

If it's good old xscreensaver you can configure all kinds of things, including power management, with `xscreensaver-demo'.

gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Joel Harrison: Will the circle be unbroken

Seemingly it is xscreensaver: If I run xscreensaver-demo a dialog box comes up, making changes affects behavior. However, when the dialog box is closed xscreensaver-demo reports;

(xscreensaver-demo:28513): libglade-WARNING **: Could not load support for `gnome': libgnome.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Right now it's set to Blank Screen only and under the Advanced tab it's set to enable power management, standby after zero minutes, suspend after zero minutes and turn off after five minutes.

The screen turns black after five minutes, but the screen remains powered up. In contrast, the experimental GL driver blanks the screen and it goes into power save, with a yellow pilot light.

Seemingly I've got a setting wrong or a missing library, but don't know where to look for either.

Thanks for reading, any guidance is much appreciated!

bob prohaska

Is there some other sett

Reply to
bob prohaska

I get this warning (when I run xscreensaver-demo from a terminal) already when I start it, and it's not problematic.

Hm ? in wild-guess-mode I'd avoid 0, as that value often turns off a feature. Maybe try with standby 1, suspend 2, off 3 minutes?

Ok, then this is probably indeed a driver issue.

gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Peter Ratzenbeck: Recycling Rag