How long will Raspbian 7 be supported - same as Debian Wheezy?

Using rsync - I think so. (Rather than LVM, etc. if that's what you mean)

The rsync method only takes minutes to do a snapshot like this - however the more files you have the longer the cp -al takes and the more memory rsync needs as from what I can gather it keeps a complete in-memory listing of both sides.

There is that :)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Yes. I know that. However was the win-issue I was adressing.

Most likely. But renaming dlls/exe files are not the reason. Caching the registry is one reason I heard. Don't know how true that is.

Perhaps. Still - it does work the way I said. And if in doubt - try yourself.

reluctant to what ?

Björn Lundin