How do I change the GUI login user?

A simple question but I can't find how to do it.

I want to change the user that logs in to the Pi GUI. This is on a new raspbian installation. I don't care too much if it logs me in automatically as the new user or if I have to enter name and password.

--
Chris Green
Reply to

# Add a new user "newname": sudo adduser newname # Edit user rights, duplicate last line, replace pi with newname: sudo visudo # Add newname to all the same groups as pi, except group pi: for i in $(groups pi | sed 's/.*: //' | sed 's/^pi //'); do sudo adduser newname $i; done # Use newname for GUI login, edit: autologin-user=newname sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Reply to
A. Dumas

Brilliant, thank you, all done and working. (Well, I edited /etc/group directly but near enough)

--
Chris Green
Reply to