GPIO status Via SNMP

Hi All,

Am trying to monitor GPIO using SNMP but get zero values for snmp queries.

I think its got something to do with the user access rights.

I have created an "snmp" user and given him sudo rights but still get a zero on the snmp query. I also added user snmp to gpio group.

The bash code is as below (GetStatus01):

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash if [ "$1" = "-g" ] then echo .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.9.0 echo gauge sudo python3 /home/pi/myFlask/GetStatus01.py fi exit 0

The output of bash script is ok as below:

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /home/pi/myFlask/GetStatus_01 -g .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.9.0 gauge

1

"GetStatus01.py" prints a "0" or "1" based on the gpio pin status

The file snmpd.conf has been modified as below:

Code: Select all

pass .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.8.0 /bin/sh /home/pi/snmp-temp -g pass .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.9.0 /bin/sh /home/pi/myFlask/GetStatus_01 -g

The "snmp-temp -g" points to the pi temp code above and this works ok when snmp data is requested by an external program

But "GetStatus_01 -g" always presents a zero result.

Am I missing something? Tom

Reply to
Tom Osier

I had a similar issue, which required making the users pi and snmp a member of the group: i2c. Perhaps you need something similar.

See:

in the paragraph starting: A problem ...

That was from help here on this group!

--
Cheers,
David

What happens if you run the script as whatever user snmpd runs as? How does GetStatus01.py access the gpio pins? There is more than one way.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel