Four Months and Still Can't Get the RPi Zero

I don't get why they are having so much trouble getting production ramped up. I don't see any new word on the web site. I guess I'll hibernate for another month and check again. Microcenter here certainly doesn't have any.

--

Rick
Reply to

I thought they were building it during spare production time, and with all the other versions available and selling well they just don't have any spare time.

Reply to
Rob Morley

That's not what they say. The more-than-zero units are all made by others. The zero is being made by the rPi foundation itself in Great Britain. They have said they are having troubles ramping up production.

Rick
Reply to
rickman

Things are getting a bit better. I was able to obtain two from different vendors. Had to buy them with minimal accessory kits, though. They also did a reprint of MagPi, and included one with it if you subscribed.

Reply to
Charlie

Yes, that stinks. One of the Pi resellers had them, but wouldn't sell them by themselves, and were waiting for the low value high mark-up accessories to arrive. The foundation really should insist that its resellers *must* sell the Pis by themselves, or it's pointless to produce a cheap board.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel

Charlie

I think it is the opposite. The resellers would like to sell the accessories along with the pi zero because the Pi zero has virtually no profit and the accessories have lots. So bundle them to make some decent money.

It seems to me whether you drive to the store or place an order with shipping charges, you'd likely buy the accessories from the same place, but by bundling they guarantee that.

--

Rick
Reply to

Just checked Microcenter in my area and they have several of the zeros in stock, as well as several of the accessory kits that include the zero board as part of the kit.

Reply to
Stl Mongo