ETH.Oberon for rPi

Since you know that most M$ users don't know that there's a world
beyond Windows, have you considered the world-beyond *nix.
Although ETHO is a full OS & language, the rPi version actually
rides-on-top-of linux, and gives you a superior user-interface.

I've been testing ALO [the rPi version] which is being ported by
collaborators, centered at ETHZ [the Swiss technical university
that <refused> Einstein].  This extract from a mail to
snipped-for-privacy@lists.inf.ethz.ch
gives a bit of the flavour:--------------------

]> ... function-composition ...
]
]FWIIW, composition is a central concept in Category Theory.
]Desktops.OpenDoc  "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_theory "

This is a further example for this very topic:
 for tasks which are too varied or rare, our Tool.* is more appropriate
than the compositional-script that I'm suggesting.
So, eg.
 Desktops.OpenDoc  "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_theory "
is problematic [effectively useless] since you can't read the Latex
mathSymbols. But you can evolve your LatexMath.Tool over time, to handle
such. Again, like composition: it doesn't get <dirty> with use; it gets
smarter.

BTW, I had <wiki/Category_theory> which I'd previously fetched via links
[text only - which showed the ASCII of the Latex], and it was interesting
to  note the revisions. But a [not really important] diagram was missing,
so I fetched the stuff via a full-featured-browser.

IMPORTANTLY the ETHO version is the most valuable:
= after you've manually edited the <maths chars> while you're spending
  time to study the text.
= you can COLOR the related parts, according to *YOUR* understanding.
= you can paste any important diagrams into the ETHO version.
= you save the complete [but evolveable] ONE file, instead of the
  monster garbage directory, for the equivalent full-feature-browser.

ETHO is not just about the language.
It's about the unique/economical-of-your-effort user experience.

Site Timeline