ETH.Oberon for rPi

Since you know that most M$ users don't know that there's a world beyond Windows, have you considered the world-beyond *nix. Although ETHO is a full OS & language, the rPi version actually rides-on-top-of linux, and gives you a superior user-interface.

I've been testing ALO [the rPi version] which is being ported by collaborators, centered at ETHZ [the Swiss technical university that Einstein]. This extract from a mail to snipped-for-privacy@lists.inf.ethz.ch gives a bit of the flavour:--------------------

]> ... function-composition ... ] ]FWIIW, composition is a central concept in Category Theory. ]Desktops.OpenDoc "

"

This is a further example for this very topic: for tasks which are too varied or rare, our Tool.* is more appropriate than the compositional-script that I'm suggesting. So, eg. Desktops.OpenDoc "

" is problematic [effectively useless] since you can't read the Latex mathSymbols. But you can evolve your LatexMath.Tool over time, to handle such. Again, like composition: it doesn't get with use; it gets smarter.

BTW, I had which I'd previously fetched via links [text only - which showed the ASCII of the Latex], and it was interesting to note the revisions. But a [not really important] diagram was missing, so I fetched the stuff via a full-featured-browser.

IMPORTANTLY the ETHO version is the most valuable: = after you've manually edited the while you're spending time to study the text. = you can COLOR the related parts, according to *YOUR* understanding. = you can paste any important diagrams into the ETHO version. = you save the complete [but evolveable] ONE file, instead of the monster garbage directory, for the equivalent full-feature-browser.

ETHO is not just about the language. It's about the unique/economical-of-your-effort user experience.

Reply to
Unknown