Errors when cross-compiling the kernel

We had a machine at school that looked like that but did not even read cards... it was an analog computer. Basically a collection of amplifiers, integrators and other analog circuits that you could interconnect just like shown on those pictures.

Reply to
Rob

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 19:55:38 +0000, Dom declaimed the following:

Hex is rather unambiguous... But Octal could be pure octal or Split Octal (177777 vs 377377).

Though octal does fit well when interpreting the 8080 instruction set

-- 3 bit register fields.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Same reason it works well for the PDP-11.

--
roger ivie
rivie@ridgenet.net

It works very well on a 6 bit character set (GBCD) and 9 bit ASCII in a

36 bit word.
Reply to
Dom

More likely a conslutant or lobbyist.

--
Never attribute to stupidity that which can be explained by greed. Me.
Reply to

Hex? You had hex? We used octal and we liked it.

--
Never attribute to stupidity that which can be explained by greed. Me.
Reply to
Walter Bushell

If you really grew up using octal you'd know how to quote properly!

Reply to
mm0fmf

Hey, I was born before the old stone age, in the vacuum age as far as confusors were concerned.